It has been a few days since I have posted...but don't worry, I still have been busy cooking!
Pasta and Veggies
1 16oz box of small shell pasta, cooked and rinsed with cool water
3 tablespoons of mayo (light)
1 teaspoon dill
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 squash roughly chopped
2 vine ripe tomatoes roughly chopped
1 green pepper roughly chopped
Mix all items together, top with cheese, or nuts if you like, and ENJOY!
VERDICT: Not bad, but I will not make it exactly the same again.
I am the only one who ate this dish.
Pecan Crusted Chicken with Fresh peaches, mayo on a pretzel roll!
This recipe was a verison of Rachel Ray's dish.
1 can of green chilies
Pecans (candied) crushed
4 chicken breasts
2 pieces of white bread- crumbed
1. Pound chicken breasts to make thinner
2. Soak chicken in buttermilk overnight
3. Heat olive oil in skiller
4. combined crushed pecans and breadcrumbs (mix to taste)
5. coat chicken in pecan bread mixture
6. place in skillet and cook until no longer pink in middle
7. cut open pretzel roll
8. mix mayo and green chilies to make a chili mayo
9. mayo roll
10. cut peaches into slices
11. top roll with peach slices and chicken.
VERDICT: Hubs and kiddos like this dish. Once again the kids had a deconstructed verison without the mayo. Hubs had two sammies.
We will make this one again.