Saturday, July 21, 2012

Turkey Pot Sticker Burger with Spicy Asian Slaw


I found this recipe on Iowa Girl Eats, http://iowagirleats.com/2011/08/30/pot-sticker-burgers-with-spicy-asian-slaw/and thought it was a have to try.  I love me some pot stickers, and frankly who doesn't.  
I ran into a couple problems,  not unusual for me...which I will cover in the recipe info.  I also made a couple tweaks to her recipe which you will see below.  

For sides I had made a carrot purée for lunch that was perfect for this dish.  I also roasted up some red peppers and cut some mangos and opened a can of pineapple, and made them into a little flower.  





Turkey Pot Sticker Burgers:

1 tube  ground turkey breast roughly 1 pound

1 egg (large)

2 Tablespoons soy sauce

2 green onions, sliced

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1/2 tablespoon ginger powder

1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix


Spicy Asian Slaw: (not really that spicy)

3 Tablespoons soy sauce

3 Tablespoons rice vinegar

1 Tablespoon water

1/2 teaspoon Peanut oil

3 green onions sliced

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more)

1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

1/8 teaspoon ginger powder

1 green onion, sliced

Rest of the cole slaw bag

Pineapple juice from can of Pineapples used as side


Directions

Mix all the burger components together.  Shape into 4 patties.  Cook burgers until no longer pink.  I choose to do via grilling.  If you choose to do this know that these burgers are very moist and you should put down tin foil first.  Whoops for me, live and learn...from me in this instance.

Mix all Ingredients from soy sauce through onions, once well incorporated add slaw and mix again.  

Ta da dinner is done.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment