Thursday, July 26, 2012

BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad

Wow...another fun summer salad.  This one turned out as good as any restaurant chopped salad I've had.  

 I went to the dollar store and while I was there I found the new Kraft Sizzling Salads kits.  It called out to me to buy it, so I did.  I figured you can't go wrong for a buck!  































I was going to add homemade tortilla strips, but I got too busy and decided to add nuts for extra crunch instead.  

The kiddos ate the salad without the lettuce and nuts, and I was surprised to find that they liked chick peas!

Recipe:
2 heads Romaine lettuce
3 chicken breasts
1/4 bag of steam in bag corn
1/2 can of black beans, rinsed
1/2 can of chickpeas, rinsed
1 tomato
1 handful cashews

1.  Cook chicken according to directions 
on cooking sauce.
2.  Chop up washed lettuce
3.  Add tomato, corn, chickpeas, black beans
4.  Dress salad with dressing and toss
5.  Divide into four servings and top with
 some nuts and chicken!!
6.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment