Sunday, August 12, 2012

Caramel Apple Cider Muffins

Since it is not a secret that I love all things fall, I was reviewing previously pinned fall food items.  I stumbled upon a cookie recipe for apple cider and caramel...looked good, but I already had some cookies in the fridge.  So I thought, what 

else would be good with these ingrients??  

Everything...hmmm, I needed to narrow this down.  

MUFFINS, yes that's the ticket.  





Yummy yummy, nuff said!

Recipe:
1/2 cup butter melted
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
2 cups AP flour
12 Kraft caramels 
10 single serving packages spiced apple cider (I used Alpine)

Preheat oven to 500 degrees

1.  Cream together, butter, sugars, and cider
2.  Add milk
3.  Add baking powder, and salt
4.  Add eggs
5.  Add flour 1/2'cup at a time until well combined
6.  Line baking cups
7.  Fill baking cups 1/3 full, then add one caramel to each cup then fill to 2/3 full.
8.  Place muffin tin in oven and immediately turn oven down to 400 degrees
9.  Cook for 15 to 20 minutes 
10.  Take out to cool 
11.  Enjoy!!

**If these are not enjoyed warm, heat in the microwave to soften the caramels prior to enjoying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment