Tonight's dinner rocked!! Seriously was Da bomb! Hubs and I agreed on the meal being great which isn't typical. The boys deconstructed the pizza and ate some! The recipe was found on: http://thewescotts.blogspot.com/ and modified some for our family!
VERDICT: new family favorite!
2 chicken breasts
6 slices maple bacon
1/2 purple onion
6 large strawberries
1.5 cups Strawberry jelly
1/4 cup Light balsamic vinegar dressing
1 teaspoon Asian hot sauce
2 cups cheese
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
3-4 cups flour
1. Mix warm water and yeast. Wait 5-10 min
2. Mix olive oil, sugar, salt 2 cups flour in mixer
3. Add water yeast mixture
4. Continue mixing and slowly adding flour till ball forms around mixing hook.
5. Allow bread to raise 30 minutes
6. Grill chicken on grill and bacon
7. Kneed on lightly floured surface, add more flour until no longer sticky.
8. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
9. Place dough on pizza pan
10. While waiting for dough to rise, cook balsamic until it reduces in half, then add jelly, and hot sauce. Remove from heat.
11. Dice strawberries, onion
12. Chop chicken
13. Spread sauce on pizza, add cheese, strawberries, onions, crumbled bacon, chicken
14. Cook for 25-30 minutes!
I actually put the cheese over the topping to try and prevent the deconstruction my kids love... Didn't work!
What kind of pizza do you like???