Monday, June 25, 2012

Easy Egg Bake

I got this recipe idea from:
http://joelens.blogspot.com/2011/02/maple-sausage-and-waffle-breakfast.html

I made some changes so that it was more diet friendly!
6 eggs
8 Whole wheat waffles
1 pound lite tube of sausage
1/4 c maple syrup
1 1/4 cup milk
1 small onion
1 teaspoon butter alternative spread
Cheese Two handfuls
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Spray 8x8 casserole dish with butter flavored spray to prevent sticking,
2. Toast waffles in toaster
3. Brown sausage
4. Remove sausage and rinse pan
5. Dice onion
6. Add butter alternative and onions to rinsed pan, sauté until clear, replace sausage and mix
7. In separate bowl combine milk, syrup, and eggs in bowl and whisk
8. Place 4 waffles on bottom of casserole, cover with half sausage mixture, a one handful cheese, repeat steps for second layer.
9. Pour egg mixture on top
10. Cover and leave in fridge overnight
11. Preheat oven to 350 bake 55 min

Once this dish was done, I cut the dish into 9 pieces.
I loved it!! My husband thought it was okay, and the kids ate it... Which is a good sign, especially since my kids aren't egg lovers!!
VERDICT: I'll make it again!!

I only had 1 square. I also served the dish with fresh fruit, and it kept me quite full until lunch, probably all the protein!

What egg dishes do you like??

No comments:

Post a Comment